Creating generational wealth, the road to financial independence. -Asisa Chiles
1. What is the name of your business? What’s your title? I am a Financial Planner
2. How did you get your idea or concept for the business? My Eastern Star sister introduced me to the company after I separated from the father of child. She asked me “If something were to happen to you, how would Zara be taken of financially?”
3. How did you get started with your business and what was your biggest challenge with starting your business? I think my biggest challenge was taking the business seriously. I wanted to help families become financial free but I just didn't trust I could make a living doing it. So I decided to only give a quarter of my efforts to the business.
4. What attributes does someone need to be successful in this field? What is the biggest factor that contributed to your success? I believe to be successful you need several things, 1) a mentor, 2) a willingness to fail and learn from it, 3) a reading habit and 4) an attitude of dedication.
5. What are your responsibilities as the business owner? What is an average workday like for you? My responsibility as an owner to make sure I am always working with a manner of integrity to secure financial freedom for families. I have access to sensitive and personal information of my clients, so make sure it never is misused. An average day for me, starts with me saying and writing my affirmations, writing my business goals for the day, contacting or meeting with my mentor, reviewing my previous day work, contact clients (potential and current), meet with my team members and attend any schedule appointments. I end my day writing in my journal, reading at least 10 pages of my monthly book. I also respond to all social media inquires and create new posts for the upcoming day.
5. How do you balance life when you have the demands of a business and a family? As a single Mom, I balance my work life and business life by keeping to a schedule, I integrate my child into some of my business activities like she and I say our affirmations together, we both write (well she says) our daily goals, we journal and read together.
6. What was the hardest time in your startup journey? Why and what helped you? Taking the first step in starting the business without holding back. My faith in God has helped me and the encouragement of my friends and family.
7. What should be my first steps if I wanted to go into your field and would I need a formal education? First step, I would say is talking to someone in the field then deciding if you are ready to make the commitment.
8. What are the biggest challenges you've face in this field? The financial field is dominated by men. So as a women and a single mother, I would say breaking the stereotypes in this male world.
10. How important is it to set goals for your business? Setting goals is one of the most important things you can do as a business owner. It gives you direction, laser focus and a sense of accomplishment once achieved. 11. What type of mindset do you have to have to reach your desired goals? Determination, a laser focus, and a passion for it.
12. How important is courage and personal development for a one to evolve into the person they want to be become? Owning a business, changes you whether you are ready for it or not. So, I say why not make sure you are properly prepared for the change by reading, praying and being mentored.
13. How important is it to love what you are doing? You have to love or have passion because during the difficult times in your business, that love/passion is what’s going to get you thru.
14. Do you have a mentor, and is it important to have one? Yes and I speak to him daily. He celebrates me, gives me advice on where I can to improve, but also shows me that I can be the successful in this industry.
15. If you had to start all over tomorrow what would you add or subtract? Nothing
16. What advice would you offer entrepreneurs starting out in your field of business, today? No matter how impossible it make look stay with it if you have a passion for it.
Name: Asisa Chiles
Social media: Asisa Chiles